1. I will not make myself finish a series of books that have gone from being delightful to irritating. I will acknowledge that I do not need to read all ten books in a series just because I read the first book in the series.
2. I will follow my own reading advice and not make myself finishing reading books that don’t grab me by page 50.
3. I am going to try to read outside of my comfort zone. I will not limit myself to just fluffy teen romances or angsty fantasy. I will read books that feature characters playing sports or realistic historical fiction. Also, I will make an effort to read new authors and not just rely on my old favorites.
4. I will read more diverse books.
5. I will finally finishing read all the picture books that won the Caldecott Medal or was award Caldecott Honors.